I would love to share with you my favourite D&I benchmarks, D&I frameworks and D&I best practices. They are great to help you design and implement an impactful D&I strategy.
Many of my clients enthusiastically start a wide range of initiatives, only to find that their D&I data stubbornly stays at the same level. Then they learn that for results you need to use a business approach, and design a good D&I strategy that is linked to your business strategy and based on real data. That’s the moment when these D&I benchmarks, D&I frameworks and D&I best practices are most useful.
Do let me know though if you are getting lost completely in all those frameworks and best practices. I am always happy to help you and have a chat to help you find what works for you.
Because we know it’s not easy, we also offer a programme which has been specially designed to guide you through this at The Big Fish Academy. It’s a 3-week virtual training programme – D&I Strategy: From Ideas to Action.
Because it’s virtual, you don’t have to travel. It’s run over three weeks, which makes it ideal to implement some of the learnings in between sessions and get back to us with your questions in our weekly virtual drop-in clinics. And if you miss a session? Not to worry, just catch up in your own time. Who knew virtual could be better than face-to-face?
My favourite D&I Benchmarks, D&I Frameworks and D&I Best Practices
1. Gender Balance Frameworks and Best Practices
- Government Equalities Office guide ‘Actions to close the Gender Pay Gap’ – very good resource, download from the bottom of the page
- Ten Steps Wise Campaign – 10 clear steps to create gender balance in engineering and tech. Only accessible to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) members
- BITC Gender Benchmark – used by many organisations, BITC also offer a ‘Race Benchmark’
- Athena Swan Charter – D&I Framework for Universities
- Gender balance guide UAE – OECD – aimed at United Arab Emirates, a good overview and of course I had to mention it as I was involved in creating it!
2. D&I Frameworks and Best Practices
- CBI D&I Best Practice Guide – really good case studies for inspiration in the areas of attraction & recruitment, retention & advancement and inclusive culture. Only available to members.
- CMI Checklist
- Tech Talent Charter Open Playbook for Best Practice – great tool with lots of resources and case studies. Aimed at the Tech industry, membership is free provided you take part in the annual benchmark survey.
- CIPD D&I Factsheets
- Royal Academy of Engineering Toolkit – some great resources and guidelines, and not just for those in engineering
- Royal Academy of Engineering D&I Progession Framework – for Engineering and Science Professional Bodies. I would recommend to all all professional bodies, not just those in Engineering and Science
- VC Diversity & Inclusion in Tech Guide – by Atomico, for Tech Start Ups
3. D&I Benchmarks, Standards and Accreditation
- BSI – British Standard for Diversity & Inclusion
- PWC Benchmarking Survey
- EW Diversity Accreditation
- Inclusive Employers Standard – by Inclusive Employers
- ENEI TIDE – Benchmark from the Employee Network for Equality and Inclusion (ENEI)
- CultureAmp – Global D&I Benchmark
- British Film Institute Diversity Standard
Have I forgotten your favourite one? Do share it!